Conferences I am involved with (one way or another) or I plan to attend in 2014-15:
- Dr. Andrian Marcus is Associate Professor and Director of the Undergraduate Program in the Department
of Computer Science at Wayne State
University (Detroit, MI), where he is faculty since 2003.
- He obtained his Ph.D. in Computer
Science from Kent
State University, with Jonathan
Maletic as his advisor. He has prior degrees from The
University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) and Babes-Bolyai
University (Cluj-Napoca, Romania).
- His current research interests are in
software engineering, with focus on software evolution and program comprehension.
He is best known for his work on using information retrieval and text
mining techniques for software analysis to support comprehension during
- Dr. Marcus received several Best Paper Awards and a Most Influential Paper Award,
and his research was funded by NSF, NIH, IBM, etc. He is also a former junior Fulbright Scholar (1997-98).
- He served on the Steering Committee of
International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM)
between 2005-2008 and 2011-2014, and on the Steering Committee IEEE International Wokshop
on Visualizing Software for Understanding and Analysis (VISSOFT)
- He serves on the editorial board of the IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering,
Software Engineering Journal (Springer), and the
Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (John
Wiley and Sons)
- He also served as organizing or program
committee member to many conferences related to his area of research.