- Chunhyeok Lim, Shiyong Lu, Artem Chebotko, Farshad Fotouhi, “Storing, Reasoning, and Querying OPM-Compliant Scientific Workflow Provenance Using Relational Databases,” to appear in the International Journal of Grid computing and eScience Future Generation Computer Systems.
- Rajeev Agrawal, William Grosky and Farshad Fotouhi, “Searching an Appropriate Template Size for Multimodal Image Clustering,” International Journal on Information and Communication Technologies, Vol. 2, No. 3-4, July-December 2009, pp. 251-255
- Farshad Fotouhi, William Grosky and Peter Stanchev, “The Many faces of Semantics,” IEEE Multimedia Magazine, April-June 2009, pp. 16-17 (Guest Editor’s Introduction)
- Artem Chebotko, Shiyong Lu, and Farshad Fotouhi, “Semantics Preserving SPARQL-to-SQL Translation”, Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE), 2009, Vol. 68, No. 10, pp. 973-1000
- Li Xiong, Traian Marius Truta and F. Fotouhi,” Report on International Workshop on Privacy and Anonymity in the Information Society (PAIS 2008),” SIGMOD Record, December 2008, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 108-111
- Artem Chebotko, Shiyong Lu, Mustafa Atay, and Farshad Fotouhi, “Efficient Processing of RDF Queries with Nested Optional Graph Patterns in an RDBMS”, International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), 4(4), 2008
- Manjeet Rege, Ming Dong and F. Fotouhi, “Bipartite Isoperimetric Graph Partitioning for Data Co-clustering,” Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2008, pp. 276-312
- William Grosky, Yan Hua and F. Fotouhi, “Augmenting the Power of LSI in Text Retrieval: Singular Value Rescaling,” Journal of Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 65, No. 1, 2008, pp. 108-125
- Jodi R. Parrish, Jingkai Yu, Guozhen Liu, Julie A. Hines, Jason E. Chan, Bernie A. Mangiola, Huamei Zhang, Svetlana Pacifico, Farshad Fotouhi, Victor J. DiRita, Trey Ideker, Phillip Andrews, and Russell L. Finley Jr., “proteome-wide protein interaction map for Campylobacter jejuni,” Genome Biology, Vol.8, Issue 7, 2007.
- Mustafa Atay, Atrem Chebotko, Depeng Liu, Shiyong Lu and Farshad Fotouhi, “Efficient Schema-Based XML-to-Relational Data Mapping,” Information Systems Journal, Volume 32, Issue 3, May 2007, pp. 458-476
- Kourosh Jafari-Khouzani, Hamid Soltaneanzadeh, F. Fotouhi, Jodi Parrish, and Russell Finley Jr., “Automated Segmentation and Classification of High Throughput of Yeast Assay Data,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 26, No. 10, , Oct. 2007, pp. 1401-1411
- Jionsong Wang, Nilesh Patel, William Grosky, and F. Fotouhi, “Video Frame Rate Up Conversion Under Inconsistent Camera Motion,” to appear in the Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2007.
- Manjeet Rege, Ming Dong and F. Fotouhi, “Building a User-Centric Image Hierarchy in Image Databases,” ACM Multimedia Systems Journal, Special Issue on User-Centered Multimedia, Vol. 12, No. 4, 2007, pp. 325-338
- Artem Chebotko, Mustafa Atay, Shiyong Lu and F. Fotouhi, “XML Subtree Reconstruction from Relational Storage of XML Documents,” Journal of Data and Knowledge Engineering, 62(2), 2007, pp. 199-218
- Changbo Yang, Ming Dong and F. Fotouhi, ”S-IRAS: An Interactive Semantic Image Retrieval and Annotation System,” International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, Vol. 2, No. 3, July-September 2006, pp. 37-54
- William Grosky and F. Fotouhi, “Multimedia Semantics,” Editorial Preface, International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, Vol. 2, No. 3, July-September 2006, pp. i-v
- Svetlana Pacifico, Guozhen Liu, Stephen Guest, Jodi R Parrish, Farshad Fotouhi and Russell L Finley Jr., “A database and tool, IM Browser, for exploring and integrating emerging gene and protein interaction data for Drosophila,” International Journal of BMC Bioinformatics 2006, April 2006, 7:195, ISSN 1471-2105
- Jingkai Yu, and F. Fotouhi, “Computational approaches for predicting protein-protein interactions: a survey,” Journal of Medical System, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2006, pp. 39–44
- M.-R. Siadat, Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh, F. Fotouhi, K. Elisevich, “A Content-Based Image Database System for Epilepsy,” Journal of Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Elsevier Publisher, No. 79, 2005, pp. 209-226
- Farhad Mostowfi, F. Fotouhi, Shiyong Lu and A. Aristar, “ LINGOES: A Linguistic Ontology Management System,” Journal of Digital Information Management, Vol. 3, No. 4, December 2005, pp. 231-234
- W. Grosky, N. Patel, X. Li and F. Fotouhi, “Dynamically Emerging Semantics in an MPEG-7 Image Database,” the Computer Journal, Vol. 48, No. 5, 2005, pp. 536-544
- S. Lu, Y. Sun, M. Atay and F. Fotouhi, "On the Consistency of XML DTDs", International Journal of Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 52, No. 2, 2005, pp. 231-247
- A. Chebotko, Y. Deng, S. Lu, F. Fotouhi and A. Aristar, “An Ontology-based Multimedia Annotator for the Semantic Web of Language Engineering,” International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, Vol. 1, No. 1, Jan-March 2005, pp. 50-67
- M. Johnson, F. Fotouhi, M. Dong and S. Draghici, D. Xu, “Discovering Document Semantics QBYS: A System for Querying the WWW by Semantics,” Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 24, 2004, pp. 155-188
- S. Lu, R. Huang, A. Chebotko, Y. Deng and F. Fotouhi, “IMAGESPACE: An Environment for Image Ontology Management,” International Journal Information Theories and Applications,” Vol. 11, No. 2, 2004, pp. 127-133
- R. Agrawal, F. Fotouhi, P. Stanchev and M. Dong, “MPEG-7 based Image Retrieval on the World Wide Web,” International Journal Information Theories and Applications, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2004, pp. 112-119
- Y. Lu, S. Lu, F. Fotouhi, Y. Deng and S. Brown, “Incremental Genetic K-means Algorithm and its Applications in Gene Expression Data Analysis,” International Journal of BMC Bioinformatics, Vol. 5, No. 172, October 2004
- S. Lu, D. Liu, F. Fotouhi, M. Dong, R. Reynolds, A. Aristar, M. Ratliff, G. Nathan, J. Tan, R. Powell, "Language Engineering For The Semantic Web: A Digital Library For Endangered Languages", International Journal of Information Research, Vol. 9, No. 3, 2004.
- A. Shah, F. Fotouhi, W. Grosky, S.H. Shah Khan, and J. Al-Muhtadi, “Operators of the Temporal Object System and Their Implementation,” Information Sciences, Volume 158, Number 1, January 2004, pp. 37-68
- D. Hwang, F. Fotouhi, Y. Son, “A Case Study: Development of an Organism-Specific Protein Interaction Database and its Associated Tools,” International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, special issue: Data Management and Modeling Support in Bioinformatics, Vol. 12, No. 2, June 2003, pp.. 225-239
- W. Grosky, DV Sreenath, and F. Fotouhi, “Emergent Semantics and the Multimedia Semantic Web,” ACM SIGMOD Record, Vol. 13, No. 4, December 2002, pp. 54-58
- S. Lu, M. Dong and F. Fotouhi "The Semantic Web: Opportunities and Challenges for Next-Generation Web Applications," Information Research, An International Electronic Journal, Vol. 7, No.4. Special Issue on the Semantic Web, 2002.
- V. Hill Rice, F. Fotouhi, E. Burns, P. Hoyer and M. Ayers, “Exemplary Program Development: A Hypermedia Interactive Smoking Cessation Intervention Program for Pregnant Women,” Journal of Prenatal Education, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1998, pp. 47-58
- A. Ibrahim, F. Fotouhi and S. Hasan, “SB+-Tree: A Efficient Index Structure for Joining Spatial Relations,” International Journal of Geographical Information Science, Vol. 11, No. 2, 1997, pp 163-182
- M. Bernardo, and F. Fotouhi, “Evaluation of Best Access Plans for Cyclic Queries in Object-Oriented Databases,” Journal of Computing and Information, Vol. 2, No. 1, November 1996, pp. 749-770
- M. Johnson, and F. Fotouhi, “Adaptive Clustering of Hypermedia Documents,” Information Systems Journal, Vol. 21, No. 6,1996, pp. 459-473.
- M. Johnson, F. Fotouhi, N. Goel, R. Weinand and J. Lechvar, “CASPER: A Hypermedia Departmental Information System,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol. 39, No. 4, 1996, pp.471-477.
- A. Shah, F. Fotouhi and W. Grosky, "A Temporal Object System for a Clinical Environment," Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Computing, Vol. 6, 1996.
- M. Johnson, and F. Fotouhi, "SANDBOX: Accessing Scientific Data Through Experimentation," ACM Interactions, Vol. II.3, July 1995, pp. 34-45.
- M. Johnson and F. Fotouhi, “Adaptive Indexing in Very Large Databases,” Journal of Database Management, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1995, pp. 4-12
- W. Grosky, F. Fotouhi, I. Sethi, and B. Capatina, "Content-Based Hypermedia - Intelligent Browsing of Structured Media Objects," ACM SIGMOD Record, Vol. 23 No. 4 December 1994, pp. 49-56
- F. Fotouhi, A. Shah, I. Ahmad, and W. Grosky, “TOS: A Temporal Object-Oriented System for a Manufacturing Environment,” Journal of Database Management, Vol. 5, No. 4, 1994, pp. 3-14
- F. Fotouhi, A. Johnson and S.P. Rana, "Hash-Based Transitive Closure Algorithms," The Computer Journal, Vol. 35, No. 3, 1992, pp. A251-A259
- Pramanik and F. Fotouhi, "Join and Semi-Join Algorithms Based on Partial-Relation Schemes," The Computer Journal, Vol. 35, No. 1, 1992, pp. A131-A140
- F. Fotouhi, J. Leigh and S.P. Rana, "Optimal Parallel Scheduling of M-Way Join Queries," Information Systems, Vol. 16, No. 6, December 1991, pp. 627-639
- F. Fotouhi and S. Pramanik, "Determining an Optimal Access Sequence in Performing Relational Join is NP-hard," Information Processing Letters, vol. 38, June 1991, pp. 271-275
- T. Lee and F. Fotouhi, "Indexing Method for Object-Oriented Databases," KSEA Letters, Vol. 19, No. 2, October 1990, pp. 43-47
- F. Fotouhi and S. Pramanik, "Problem of Optimizing the Number of Block Accesses in Performing Relational Join," IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 3, September 1989, pp. 318-32
- F. Fotouhi and S. Pramanik, "Optimizing the Cost of Relational Queries Using Partial-Relation Schemes," Information Systems, Vol. 13, No. 1, 1988, pp. 71-79
- Pramanik and F. Fotouhi, "Index Database Machine," The Computer Journal, Vol. 29, No. 5, 1986, pp. 451-457
Farshad Fotouhi, PhD
College of Engineering,
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202